ACTION AND MECHANISM
- Antacids. Almagato is a derivative of aluminum and magnesium, which acts as an antacid that does not resorb, neutralizing hydrochloric acid in the stomach. Increasing the pH of the stomach, reduces the formation and activity of pepsin. In addition, adsorbs pepsin formed and adsorbs and neutralizes bile acids when these are in the stomach. AlmaxForte drug information: uses, indications, side effects, dosage.
- Identify patients who develop intestinal bleeding of unknown origin.
Aluminum can affect absorption of phosphorus and calcium, contributing to osteoporosis. Therefore, it is advisable to avoid high doses or long-term treatment.
Its use is contraindicated in cases of Alzheimer’s disease, because of the possible association of this disease with aluminum.
TIPS FOR THE PATIENT
- If symptoms persist or worsen after 14 days of treatment, consult your doctor and/or pharmacist.
- Get to all sights by taking antacids and any other oral medication within 2-3 hours.
- Tell your doctor and/or pharmacist if you experience any of these symptoms:
- Blood in vomit or Calais.
- Hypersensitivity to almagato or any other component of the drug.
- [ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE]. Almagato may present some association with the appearance of this disease.
- In patients with gastrointestinal bleeding of unknown etiology (see Precautions, Intestinal bleeding.)
- [PONOS]. Magnesium salts may contribute to diarrhea.
- Toxicosis gravídica.
EFFECTS ON DRIVING.
Does not seem to present serious consequences.
Safety in animals: no data.
Human safety: no studies adequate and well-controlled in humans. Management of antacids is considered safe during pregnancy, but it is not recommended to manage in high doses or for long periods of time if there is a risk of systemic effects. It is recommended that their use be reserved in cases where there are no therapeutic alternatives that are safer and the benefits exceed the potential risks.
Cases of hiperreflexia tendinosa have been reported in infants born to mothers who used aluminum and/or magnesium salts during pregnancy.
Effects on fertility: No specific human studies have been performed.
- Absorption: absorption of aluminum and magnesium, is minimal.
- Excretion: metal ions permeate are eliminated through the kidneys, while the others are excreted in the feces.
- Symptomatic treatment [HIPERACIDEZ GASTRICA] for adults and adolescents 12 years and older.
- Antiulcerosos. Increased pH may decrease activation of PPIs (e.g., omeprazole) in canalículos of the parietal glands. To avoid associations.
- Salicylates. Antacids can alcalinizar urine, which contributes to the removal of salicylate.
In addition, these interactions, keep in mind that antacids can affect the absorption of any drug orally through different mechanisms. It is advisable to separate the sockets for 2 to 3 hours.
The following interaction mechanisms have been described:
- Drug absorption is pH dependent. Antacids can affect the solubility and subsequent absorption of intestinal drugs in which the pH of the stomach is a limiting factor. Thus, decreased absorption of drugs like atenolol, antifungal azólicos, NSAIDs, digoxin, erlotinib, gabapentin, ulipristal is observed.
- The formation of amino acid chelates is intractable. Aluminum can form insoluble complexes with drugs such as quinolones, iron salts, or tetracyclines, reducing its absorption.
Safety on animals: No data.
Human safety: as aluminum magnesium can enter milk, but because of low intestinal absorption almagato not likely to appear in significant amounts. Compatible with breastfeeding as long as used in low doses and for a short period of time.
Almagato may be used on adolescents 12 years of age and older in the same doses as adults.
The use of antacids in children is not recommended
RULES FOR PROPER MANAGEMENT
CONTROL WITH FOOD: Management 30-60 min after a meal.
- Adults: 1.5 g/8 hr.
- Children and adolescents.
- Adolescents over 12 years of age: the same as adults.
- Elderly people: no need to adjust posológico. Avoid long-term or high-dose treatment.
Duration of treatment: avoid treatment for more than 14 days without a doctor’s recommendation.
Forgetting doses: manage the missed dose as soon as possible, except that it takes a little time to the next one. Manage the next dose at the usual time. Not twice the next dose.
DOSING IN THE LIVER.
No recommendations followed, specific courses.
DOSAGE IN RENAL FAILURE
- Mild to moderate renal failure (CLcr 30-90 ml/min): avoid high doses.
- Severe renal failure (CLcr
- [REACH]. Risk of magnesium and aluminum accumulation in these patients. Use with caution is recommended in mild to moderate failure (CLcr 30-90 mL/min), and avoid it in severe failure (CLcr
- [INTESTINAL BLEEDING]. Should be determined by patients presenting with gastrointestinal bleeding, since almagato can mask frames more serious as gastric cancer.
- [INTESTINAL MALABSORCION]. In almagato may reduce absorption of phosphate while forming complex insoluble. Caution is advised in patients with intestinal malabsorption processes, diets poor in phosphorus, or in [EXCEPTION], given the danger of hipofosfatemia.
PRECAUTIONS CONCERNING EXCIPIENTS
- This medication contains sorbitol. Patients with [Fructose intolerance] hereditary should not take this medication.
Effects are minor, temporary, and rare due to low intestinal absorption.
Adverse reactions have been described for each frequency range, with very common (>10%), common (1-10%), infrequent (0.1-1%), rare (0.01-0.1%), very rare
Well-being is the key to success at work, and new clothes for work and office can be viewed on this website: